The Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders is the flagship program of President Obama’s Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) that empowers young people through academic coursework, leadership training, and networking in the USA.
The Fellowship aims to empower young Africans to growth and prosperity, strengthen democratic governance, and enhance peace and security across Africa.
1,000 outstanding young leaders from Sub-Saharan Africa would be selected and provided with the opportunity to hone their skills at top U.S. universities and colleges focusing on leadership and skills development in one of three tracks: Business and Entrepreneurship, Civic Leadership, and Public Management.
Anambra youth who are eligible are advised to apply now as the deadline for application submission is on 26th October 2016. To be eligible for selection, you have to have the following:
· Be between the ages of 25 - 35
· Have a proven record of leadership and accomplishment in your sector or chosen track
· Have a demonstrated commitment to public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship.
· Have strong social and communication skills.
· Have an energetic, positive attitude.
· Have a commitment to return to Africa and apply leadership skills and training to benefit the applicant’s country and/or community after they return home.
To apply, click here or contact any Mandela Washington Fellow for tips on how to answer the application questions.
BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS
This public service announcement is powered by the Anambra Broadcasting Service and the Whispering Hope Africa Initiative Team.
Contact Tessie Nkechie on 08033842029 for further details.